Saturday, April 28, 2012

Laughing Out Loud

     Today I hope to attempt a metaphor poem.  With this form, you take a topic and then write three lines.  Each line should say something different about the subject.  The last line wraps it all up with a metaphor.

Laughter 
By Melinda Harvey

Laughter
head back, mouth wide open
fearless, careless
absolute connected-ness
Laughter is a hungry baby being fed by the mama bird.

     Even with a light topic like laughter, I don't feel comfortable with metaphor.  When I see writer's use metaphors in their stories or poems, I am always blown away with the obvious, but fresh comparison.  I don't seem to have a knack for that quite yet.  Perhaps with time.  I am off to laugh with family and friends tonight.  Perhaps I will find some metaphors with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment